Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
Background & Purpose of the Job
TheElectrician/Instrument Technician is responsible to maintain operational performance of equipment within the scope of the central maintenance department. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment directly maintained by the central maintenance department (palletizers, blending process, etc.) and electrical/automation equipment plant wide (electrical distribution systems, PLC & servo controlled equipment, motor & drive systems, etc.). E&I Tech’s must be capable of functioning in roles consisting of troubleshooting & repair, preventive maintenance, leading continuous improvement, and managing small projects. Understand and adhere to WCM principles that guide site operational and maintenance practices. This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Comply with all company and plant rules as outlined in the company handbook.
- Participate in plant safety initiatives.
- Responsible for safety, product quality and productivity in assigned scope of responsibility.
- Perform all assigned preventative maintenance tasks, including activities as assigned during plant shutdowns.
- Develop preventative maintenance procedures as required.
- Make repairs on equipment breakdowns as required.
- Assist in the execution of changeovers in assigned scope of responsibility.
- Initiate, document, and complete all work in the plant’s CMMS (SAP) system.
- Support the continuous improvement process (e.g., serve on improvement teams as nominated).
- Assist in the training of fellow co-workers as required (within the department and also operators, maintenance personnel, or others plant wide).
- Replaces machine parts working to tolerances of ±0.002 inches.
- Must be skilled with common hand tools and have a general understanding of measuring tools and systems (English and Metric).
- Develop working operational knowledge of equipment in assigned scope of responsibility (not simply functional knowledge related to maintenance).
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a group environment.
- Complete all other assigned duties
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED (REQUIRED)
- Electrical Journeyman’s Card (or higher) or demonstrable competence for electrical work.
- Report unsafe conditions and correct if possible.
- Perform all job functions in compliance with the plant’s safety & quality assurance programs.
- Ability to read, understand, and use electrical blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Skill and experience within Factory Automation Systems (PLC’s, Motion Control (servos), Motor Drive Systems, Process Instrumentation, etc.).
- Perform all work in compliance with plant lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Knowledge and proper use of all equipment necessary to performing the assigned job.
- Familiarity with hand tools and precision measurement gauges.
- Must be able to learn independently (e.g., must be able to read, understand, and apply technical manuals).
- Completion of initial E&I Tech screening and assessments.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to work in tight/small spaces.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, pre-employment physical and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt