WHO ARE WE?
Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? At Unilever, we have a clear purpose - to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our 400 brands reaching 2.5 billion people every day, we aim to make a positive social impact globally and locally. Through our household brands, like Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Hellmann’s and Axe, we are creating a bright future for our customers, our business, and our planet - and you can be part of it.
Background & Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for managing operations and maintenance of building, facility, plant, amenities, utilities (HVAC, Compressed Air, Ammonia, Boiler systems) to provide a safe and reliable operation that meets internal & regulatory requirements.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for utility services.
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained.
- Plan and support in execution of periodic inspection, maintenance including adjustment, calibration, or maintenance of heating and refrigeration plant control equipment.
- Allocate work schedules and inspection routines to all the refrigeration operators in accordance with regulatory technical and safety codes and ensure proper compliance of regulatory codes as per government guidelines.
- Responsible for training programs for upgrading knowledge / skills on utility management and plant safety aspects as per the department training execution plan.
- Manage & provide short/long-term direction for Facility Maintenance Upgrades/Repairs (Operational and Capital expenditure), administering budgetary requirements.
- Collaborate with leadership on long-term strategic plans.
- Overseeing building projects and renovations
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Post-secondary education in Facilities Management or a related field equivalent.
- Refrigeration A license is required
- Experience in operating and managing refrigeration plant
- Experience in risk management and creating SOPs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Facility/Plant management of a medium to large sized facility – preferably in food manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Facilities Maintenance/Management and how to proactively maintain the overall health of the building and equipment is preferred
- Passionate about delivering consistent EXCELLENCE
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion when dealing with others both internally and externally (Contractors, Auditors, Customers).
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple tasks and competing priorities within short time lines.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 to $100,500. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt