Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire a Senior CTI Claims Manager, in our Beauty & Well Being Business based in Mumbai:
Beauty & Wellbeing (B&W) is a key Business Group for Unilever that has a very ambitious growth and sustainability agenda. With brands including Dove, TRESemmé, Vaseline, Sunsilk and Ponds.
Delivering Superior Brand Experiences is at the heart of the B&W and R&D has a pivotal role to play in developing impactful global innovations and renovations that delight consumers and provide us with a source of competitive advantage.
The Beauty and Wellbeing consumer cohort spans the greatest breadth in Unilever’s entire portfolio of hair and skin types, where these are related through a vast diversity of ethnicities, lifestages, lifestyles and purchasing power. Many of the insights travel freely between the markets, and many range innovation opportunities exist at the consumer benefit level.
Consumer Technical Insight & Claims (CTIC) is an integral part of opening up these market opportunities in R&D, sitting at the interface between product design and marketing. Our purpose is to guide our brand and category design partners to create products that deliver to the consumer needs, with product experiences that delight consumers and cue desired benefits. We develop communications that are purposeful and extremely compelling. That’s why B&W CTI are a crucial component of the R&D teams delivering products and claims that embody purpose, science and desire.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about working with a dedicated team of R&D CTI and Claims to develop new products and services to better meet consumer needs, to drive profitable growth for our Skin Care business.
If you have a passion for shaping impactful consumer research, enjoy teamwork, enjoying working with a truly global and driven team, and have an ability to translate insights into new business opportunities – this is a role for you.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to lead people and programs to define and deliver strategic and project-based insights & claims to drive the medium- and long-term innovation program for the Skin Care brands in scope.
They will be deeply committed to the on-going development of the talented team of CTI and claims specialists in their charge, helping them to deliver ever-greater value to the Beauty & Wellbeing Organisation.
The candidate who fills this position needs to be passionate about our consumers, their needs, concerns, likes and dislikes, and driven to find creative solutions and challenge the status quo thinking. This person needs to be inspired by & experienced in bringing science and data to life- for non-technical business partners, customers, regulators, and consumers – through creative visualization and storytelling:
- Proactively identify consumer and market trends, and use these to deliver strategic opportunities that can help shape the category R&D strategy, based on analysis of trends, consumer needs, new technology impact on consumers, and consumer/market/product insights for Skin Care Portfolio. Influence key stakeholders to act on these insights.
- Drive Beauty superiority program for the Skin care brands in scope of the role, ensuring category adoption & execution.
- Lead strategic research to understand and codify the key drivers of Beauty Superiority for different product segments/formats, and fit to brand and embed these back into the business/ project work.
- Work seamlessly with CMI and BG BU CTI teams to design project-based research, specifically early stage testing of product and pack prototypes and the development of compelling claims, to influence key decisions during the course of the project. Selecting the best research plan and use of appropriate methods. Specifically, develop fast qual/quant prototype screening tools and predictive models to increase winning final mix designs.
- Acting as consumer advocate on global projects to translate consumer needs into technical targets to deliver superior products and innovation and defining the key jobs to be done to deliver growth.
- Define and build partnering with CMI consumer strategic understanding and consumer insight plans for projects and platforms. Deliver through working effectively with people from different functions (e.g. Marketing, R&D, CMI, Legal/Regulatory).
- Help shape the CTI capability agendas for B&W Business and be a strategic partner to leadership teams.
Drive functional excellence & increase knowledge base ensuring a robust and digitally enabled insight capability.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
Must have key skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a Science or Consumer Science Field (i.e., Psychology, Chemistry, Biology).
- Science/technology and business/marketing experience appreciation.
- Analytical & Creative thinking – identifying patterns across data sources and translating consumer knowledge into actionable insights.
- Strong communication & influencing skills.
- Proven track record of combining science, sensory, and consumer insights to drive innovation and claims that improve business performance. A strong ability to translate the same content for non-technical audiences as well as managing cross-functional teams internally and externally (e.g. Brand, CMI, Research and PR agencies)
- Experience within the B&W (Skin Care/Hair), Personal Care categories and/or FMCG CTI functional experience is a must.
- Expert in consumer (qualitative and quantitative) and sensory research techniques used for consumer insight, claims, and new product development projects.
- Experience in integrating digital solutions for more efficient approach to obtaining new insights (data modelling, big data analysis, social/e-commerce tools).
- Proven project experience with ability to prioritise ruthlessly and with great clarity, managing stakeholders effectively.
Standards of Leadership:
- Demonstrated Talent Catalyst experience of leading a high performing team of WL1 & proven ability in executing a global R&D/CMI role.
- Proven track record of high performance not only inspiring & motivating people to deliver results at speed but with an owner’s mindset and taking personal responsibility & accountability for execution and results – for self and leading others to do same.
- Successfully delivered an outside in perspective to generate value in new opportunities for profitable growth.
- Brings the voice of the consumer into everything we do, by understanding the needs of the B&W consumer to ensure our brands/products are finding ways to better serve our consumers.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt