Global Procurement Lead - Raw Materials
Location: London - UK
Who we are … we are Elida Beauty
Elida Beauty is a very exciting new beauty business within Unilever. We are re-found iconic brands by remixing them for today’s generation, making them even bigger beauty hits than they were the first time around.
Our remixes democratize beauty, because we want everyone on the ‘beauty dance floor’ with our top-quality products at a great value.
Driven by our colleague’s creativity, agility and close connection with consumers, customers and suppliers we are able to unleash the true potential of our loved brands with a fresh start. We ‘Re-Found’ them using a start-up mentality that always ‘finds a way. Our ‘no silos’, one team approach drives both personal and business growth so that together we deliver outcomes that are music to the ears of consumers, customers, colleagues and the planet alike.
Your Role & Key Responsibilities
We are looking for a Global Procurement Lead - Raw Materials to join the team. Someone who is excited to grow their career and who has a strong growth mindset and a can-do approach to doing what it takes to win.
This is an opportunity to step into the next stage of your career and learn how to manage a spend of c€50M in Raw Materials and Chemicals such as surfactants, polymers, fragrances, emotives, etc.
We are looking for someone who has some experience under their belt and is ready for the next level of their career. Someone who thrives in balancing cost, service, innovation & partnerships with the ambition to deliver a substantial step up in profitable growth of the current perimeter.
As the Global Procurement Lead - Raw Materials, you will play a key role in the team developing a raw material sourcing strategy, supporting innovation programs, supply chain network optimization and contract execution. This end-to-end role will be responsible for creating the right contractual & relationship framework which delivers on – ongoing competitive costs, service, innovation & sustainability priorities of the business and brands.
This role is ideal for someone who has a 2/3 years experience in Raw Materials Procurement (or perhaps another area of procurement) and wants to learn and develop their career in an agile environment which is fun and just a little bit crazy but where it is all about learning and developing yourself as well as being a part of the team growing Elida Beauty.
- You will be a key member of the procurement team with overall responsibility for common raw material portfolios, supporting innovation, supply chain network optimization and contract execution.
- Responsible for ensuring the right contractual framework to deliver on the priorities and ongoing performance KPIs.
- Costs: Forecasts & cost visibility, owns the cost delivery against annual budget. Ensures ongoing cost competitiveness, creates and delivers on a savings funnel in line with annual targets.
- Tracks key commodities, and develops and executes a cover policy including hedging where relevant.
- Manage various MS Excel trackers/databases
- Works closely with partners and internal teams to deliver on the innovation priorities.
- Working capital: Delivers the working capital and cash generation priorities of the business by driving efficiencies on stocks and payment terms.
- Service: Collaborates with 3PM team to ensure right stocking principles are followed by 3PM on raw materials. Intervenes to resolve short-term service issues.
- Sustainability: helps to create and deliver on the sustainability vision on raw materials in line with the broader business vision.
- Partners with cross-functional teams in a global setup and any supply chain network optimisation to deliver on the objectives and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business, finance, or supply chain management.
- Experience in procurement with focus on raw materials. Having managed raw materials for beauty and personal care products will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of key raw material markets and suppliers, agents, commodity markets & hedging.
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability, including Advanced Excel; excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure with autonomy.
- Be able to effectively lead and engage cross-functional global teams and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to think innovatively deliver results in a lean, agile organization and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- CIPS or studying towards CIPS desirable.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt