Position: Production Manager – Besan Factory
Function: Supply Chain & Customer Operations
Reports to: Sourcing Unit Director - BESAN
Unilever is currently hiring for a Production Manager – Besan Factory.
The Production Manager has overall operational responsibility and leadership of the teamfor the 7/24 operation of our nutrition and tea production lines, helping to optimize the manufacturing output and achieve the highest quality and efficiency outcomes to deliver finished product at the optimal cost and quality standard.
What you can expect from The Role:
- Always embrace and demonstrate a safety - first culture.
- Setting the benchmark standard by role modelling health and safety behavior with the team, leading a preventative and proactive safety culture and ensuring employees adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in compliance with quality assurance standards and support quality control processes.
- Participate as a member of the Site Leadership Team and perform daily operations as directed by site leadership.
- Continually developing the team to drive performance and engagement.
- Ensure the correct crewing is in place for each line, department and shift.
- Ensure safe and timely delivery of quality supply based on production schedules while maintaining efficient operations.
- Deliver the departmental targeted KPI performance: Driving Continuous Improvements and focused on Safety, Food Safety, 5S, Continuous Improvement, Output Reliability, Productivity and Labor Efficiency.
- Monitor productivity data and help develop corrective action plans necessary to achieve annual productivity improvements
- Manage production line performance budget (labor, productivity, asset care) and achieve highest quality and efficiency outcomes to deliver product at the optimal cost.
- Improve and embed operational excellence and run to standard through effective site routines, with a huge focus on data driven decisions, leading continuous improvement of processes, productivity and efficiency across the production lines.
- Ensure strong- effective communication across functions and with employees, vendors and union.
- Easily adapt to changes in Nutrition and Tea business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members.
- Work hand in hand with the Planning team to ensure plan optimization, attainment to plan and Customer Service.
- Coordinate and drive resolution to 3rd party repack / co-pack working issues and day to day relationships with 3rd party working partner.
- Manage all inbound logistics operations of the factory: ex. receiving raw and pack materials, warehousing and shipping of finished goods to main warehouse.
Does this sound like You?
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline, engineering is highly desirable.
- Must have a strong understanding of the E2E manufacturing process.
- Strong leader, with significant demonstrable experience of achieving sustained success in developing people and teams, within a manufacturing environment.
- Has successfully led improvement projects and managed the change and transition process with teams of people.
- Considerable ability to drive a strong safety culture.
- Good commercial acumen and understanding of financial concepts.
- Ability to deal with ever-changing fast-paced environment, making quick sound decisions, prioritizing and driving changes to the operation in real time.
- Ensure that factories comply with legal regulations and are always ready for Audits
- High communication skills and emotional intelligence, capable of influencing others and directing them towards a common goal
- Experience of dealing with union
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. You will be a part of a team with global and local leaders and colleagues who provide mentorship and inspiration so that you can become a better you! You can innovate, disrupt, and influence here at Unilever as we are TALENT CONNECTORS THAT MAKE EXPERIENCES HAPPEN!
Note: Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicates from all walks of life! We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment journey. If you require any support to complete your application or any subsequent stage throughout your recruitment journey with us at Unilever, then please specific how we may be able to assist you.
APPLY FOR A BETTER YOU. A BETTER WORLD. A BETTER BUSINESS
Vielfalt ist Teil unserer Kultur!
Wir arbeiten stets daran, dass Du Dich bei uns respektiert und sicher fühlst und jeden Tag Dein authentisches Selbst einbringen kannst - unabhängig von Geschlecht, Alter, Herkunft, körperlicher Einschränkungen oder sexueller Orientierung.
Wir sind für Dich da, wenn Du aufgrund körperlicher Einschränkungen Unterstützung während des Bewerbungsprozesses brauchst.
Bewerbungsfotos sind bei uns nicht erforderlich.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt