Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
You will work as a trusted guide to plant management for all production related queries. As a liaison for the management team, you will drive execution of the production plans for a shift of approximately 25- 30 union workforce personnel. You will be a teacherto the team and enable them to perform their roles in compliance with the written regulatory programs for the site in operation 24x7. The role requires rotational shift work. You will provide a common standard of communication and engagement across the factory as you work closely with core factory functions such as Manufacturing, HR, Quality and Safety to achieve this.
Other skills and responsibilities:
• Technical - Effective mechanical skills supported by detailed knowledge of the end to end
manufacturing processes relevant to their job.
• Safety - Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials,
products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
• Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the
• Leadership- Promote the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a
positive team climate supported by authentic leadership and clear communication.
• Facilitation, Coaching, Discipline - Ability to facilitate technical improvements using World Class
Manufacturing (WCM) improvement tools. Able to coach Operators and teams to increase team
• Decision Making - Makes governance decisions for team and resolves unresolved team issues.
Continuous Improvement - Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate
• Problem Solving - Ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and
• Quality - Apply core knowledge of Quality skills; Quality Measurement, Prioritization, Improvement,
Assessment and Certification etc to sustain Quality standards in the factory operation.
• Management - Able to coordinate business resources and apply risk management processes. Keen
sense of prioritization and ability to influence change. Resolve conflicts where identified.
• Administration- Timely and accurate administration for a cluster of teams; shift rosters, pay,
performance, training and safety. Liaise with Sourcing Unit leads to ensure policy compliance.
• Planning and Organizing - Prepare work plans within resource constraints and review
implementation to drive improvement.
• Business Awareness -Understand the business needs for change and innovation
You’re a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insist on innovation and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering best possible outcome while collaborating with the team.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead versus following, you have a positive attitude about the problems and want the best outcome for company and people.
You’re a changemaker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
You’re a paradox navigator: You work through complex scenarios to maintain the highest
standards of safety while providing practical solutions and support for implementation.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• 4 year degree in either an Engineering discipline and/or a strong technical background with 3- 5 years of experience managing teams. (Military or prior work experience)
• Your focus, leadership and collaborative nature will be a huge positive contributor to the success in this role. You will need to adapt to change and communicate clearly and effectively across all tiers of organization. You will need experience in managing people, guiding them and holding them accountable, while harnessing a culture of continuous improvements in our manufacturing practices.
• Leading improvement projects for operational processes, you will need to have a strong understanding of the end to end manufacturing process. This includes the chemical and electro-mechanical processes and controls and you’ll be able to interpret technical diagnostics, identify key issues and process risks.
• As a 24x7 operation, you’ll need to understand that working on a shift rotation includes working on weekends, nights, afternoons and holidays. Must be able to work flexibly and agilely as needed to meet leadership duties and attend training.
**Must be able to work a rotational shift schedule
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt