Background & Purpose of the Job
The Hammond factory is a high paced dynamic work environment. We achieve goals through collaborative cross functional teams. The site’s rich history dates to 1930 and fosters a deep passion for delighting consumers through the Dove Brand. We are committed to developing leaders equipped to handle challenges across the company. We are proud to be the largest bar soap manufacturer in North America and flagship Dove bar soap factory in Unilever.
As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end operations and continuous improvement of the utilities systems which supply the factory. You will be responsible for both the technical systems which supply the factory and the functional responsibility for the team who operates the utility systems. This position will be critical to ensure continuity of operations and safeguard compliance. Team leadership, team engagement, and a passion for utilities are vital to the success of this role. Core to this position is safety as a value and service as a goal.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You have great technical expertise use an engineering mindset to understand how systems should work and a pursuit to seek out why when there are challenges. You have the passion to lead and develop people and to deliver results through teams. You are committed to being an agent for improvement and change within your areas of responsibility. You seek out not just the answer to “why” for today, but also ask the “what-if” question to find a better way. You seek creative solutions as an opportunity to make a difference.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Be knowledgeable about industrial energy generation systems, including water distribution, process heating, steam, compressed air, chilled water, cooling water, electrical distribution, wastewater treatment systems, and water system chemistry control programs
- Communicate clearly and effectively across the organization within teams and with stakeholders
- Embrace a focus on accountability and drive decisions with data to deliver operational results
- Demonstrate leadership and drive safety systems/culture within the utilities team ensuring compliance to all regulatory, plant safety rules and other programs such as LOTO and risk assessments
- Utilize Unilever Manufacturing System (UMS) tools to drive a culture of deliberate improvement and engage employees in participating in cost/operational improvement projects
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned budgets for the operation and maintenance of the site utility systems
- Provide guidance for root cause analysis for safety, operational, or maintenance issues
- Drive planned maintenance activities and breakdown maintenance response in assigned areas
- Work collaboratively across the organization within the factory, engaging with teams within the Maintenance, SHE, and strategic third party organizations
- Support working environments that operate on a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week basis which may require you to be on-call
- Be responsible for all aspects of the planning and day to day management of assigned projects
You’re a born leader: You have a passion for leading teams with a purpose rooted in accountability and a bias for action. You are adept at effectively balancing priorities within a dynamic, fast, and complex work environment. You embrace effective communication both within your teams and within the organization.
You’re a dot connector: You effectively work across teams and build partnerships with the other departments within the factory. You effectively engage and work collaboratively with strategic third party suppliers to deliver a unified program to ensure continuity of services for the factory. You unlock the mystery within complex challenges by breaking down problems to understand what is happening inside.
You’re a culture and change champion: You provide and stimulate creative solutions to technical problems. You seek and drive root cause analysis to find a better way. You drive system performance through the use of data to seek out abnormalities as opportunities for correction and improvement. You embrace a willingness to experiment to develop new ways to unlock value and improve operational and cost capabilities.
You love to win and have fun doing it: You enjoy solving problems. You have technical expertise in a whole-of-systems approach in all work that you complete. You use a detail-oriented mind-set to manage multiple priorities concurrently and to maintain visibility on the larger picture.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Education: B.S. in engineering (ME preferred) or equivalent education with demonstrated working experience
- Experience: 2+ years’ experience in FMCG or other related industry or consultancy company
- Exposure: Experience with utilities system engineering, design, and/or operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; along with the ability to negotiate.
- SOLs (Standards of Leadership): Purpose & Service, Personal Mastery, Agility, Passion for High Performance
- Skills: Communication, Influence, Analytical/ Systems Thinking
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong technical experience in plant utility systems
- Experience in project management and/or maintenance
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of tools. #WC123
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 - $100,500. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt