Location of the job: Hammond, IN
1st week – 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
2nd week – 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
3rd week – 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
Hourly Pay Rate – $16.00 (with incremental increases after 180-day probationary period, up to $22.14) - paid weekly
These are direct hires, full time position with a full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, SHARE purchases, Tuition/Fitness reimbursement, Paid leaves, Hourly Bonus payouts, etc.)
Onsite Company store for discounted product purchases
Uniforms and PPE provided by the company
Career Advancement Opportunities
Background & Purpose of the Job
Our Unilever Hammond, IN facility is the home of the Dove Beauty bar, one of Unilever's biggest brands and the largest soap factory within the US. Our Hammond facility is where we have been working to make beauty a source of confidence by manufacturing the different variations of the Dove beauty bar. By joining our Hammond team, you will join a globally recognized site, that is also famous for being able to produce a billion bars in one year.
The Logistic Operations Worker will operate forklifts and production equipment in consumer products manufacturing environment.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Successful operation and production on all line equipment used in packaging soap for shipment to customers
- Performing quality inspection checks, troubleshooting equipment and trends, maintain logs and reports
- Coordination with Manufacturing and Warehouse operations.
- Communicate information about production data and equipment conditions
- Use of Forklift to move, load and unload various types of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Can follow finished good production processes and scanning for finished good pallets.
- Successfully operate 5 mechanical palletizers which build all finished good pallets.
- Successfully operate stretch wrappers and labeling equipment.
- Performing cleaning, inspection and lubrication on production equipment.
- Able to quickly load pallet magazines and move finished good pallets into storage bays and trailers and keep up with production demands.
- Use of forklift to load outbound trailers
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment when conveyors or sortation lanes have jams or other issues.
- All other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Successful candidate will demonstrate mechanical aptitude and Leadership decision making skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously and keep production running without direct supervision all the time.
- Skilled in basic use of computers and production software.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt