Background & Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of the Customer Business Manager (CBM) position is to drive profitable growth with Kroger ahead of category growth and to develop sustained business relationships. The CBM is responsible for building a joint business plan with Kroger that will grow the respective category by achieving volume goals while delivering investment on plan.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Leverage data and insights to build, sell, negotiate and execute the category JBP to meet Unilever’s & Kroger’s volume, profit, and share goals.
- Build relationship with the Kroger Category Manager and others to develop a deep understanding of Kroger’s strategy and needs and deliver a plan against those needs.
- Execute the category plan including innovation acceptance, assortment expansion, improved trade investment ROI, on strategy pricing & promotion execution, integration of shopper marketing plans and store level selling efforts.
- Responsible for operational delivery of the annual plan including forecasting, balancing trade investment and deduction clearing and optimizing the return on our holistic customer investments.
- Enhance our collaborative partnership with the customer by driving retailer category growth, supporting their category strategies, and leveraging our capabilities with the customer.
- Participate in the regular operational review process to exceed the sales and share targets, while continuously improving forecast accuracy and return on investment.
- Develop financially accurate business proposals for internal audiences to drive profitable category and share growth at Kroger
- Be the voice of Kroger and help to represent the grocery channel to internal stakeholders to ensure that our strategies will grow our Kroger business.
- Manage Unilever Categories within the Personal Care BU with our #1 Grocery Customer, Kroger
- Build and maintain business relationship with Kroger Merchandising Team and other related Kroger stakeholders.
- Act as the primary liaison on category business opportunities and challenges both internally and externally.
- Work closely with Unilever teams including Channel & Category Development, Business Development, Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Category Management, Supply Chain, and our Direct Retail Team
- Lead Annual Planning efforts, including negotiating and executing Joint Business Plans.
- Drive trade investment effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leverage corporate marketing and merchandising programs to win with Kroger.
- Plan volume in business planning tool and deliver monthly forecasts
- Champion and drive strategic selling initiatives for Unilever with Kroger.
- Manage financials from contract to deduction and ensure compliance with Unilever audit policies
- Contribute positively to a winning team culture
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Proven account management and negotiation experience with a key customer in the CPG industry.
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus.
- Existing experience and relationships with Kroger is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, internally and externally.
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills.
- Experience in mining insights and leveraging them to drive growth
- Skilled in using Excel, PowerPoint, Office. Power BI and other applications a plus.
- Working knowledge of POS Reporting systems (Nielsen, IRI, Stratum, and Market6) and Sales Planning Systems.
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development| Culture for Growth| Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits| Every Voice Matters| Global Reach| Life at Unilever| Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs| Check Out Our Space| Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt