Job Title: SHE Advisor
Location: Burton Factory
Reporting to the Safety and Environment (SHE) Manager, the SHE Advisor will have responsibility for delivering safety, health and environmental improvement activities, and providing competent advice and coaching in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
You will work with the site SHE and Operations teams to drive implementation and maintenance of an ambitious programme of Health, Safety and Environmental improvements within a World Class Manufacturing (WCM) framework. The successful candidate will display strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude, with the ability to communicate effectively with employees from all levels and functions of the business.
You will be active in manufacturing areas of the site, supporting risk assessment, incident investigation, continual improvement activities, delivering training and providing support to the operational teams. You must also be able to lead projects and manage multiple workstreams in a demanding environment. You will be comfortable with making interventions to discuss safe and unsafe behaviours, and challenging accepted practice in an appropriate and positive manner.
- Help embed the safety, health and environmental policy and standards through presence on the shopfloor and effective communication.
- Help transform the safety culture by modelling safe behaviours and providing effective observations and feedback to others. Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
- Lead and contribute to risk assessments; provide advice and support implementation of appropriate control measures, ensure assessments are reviewed and updated.
- Contribute to the development of compliant and practical site SHE Standards and Procedures to conform with legal and Unilever standards.
- Drive timely incident reporting and thorough root cause investigation, providing leadership and advice. Ensure timely closure of actions and sharing of learning.
- Ensure effective processes are in place for management of improvement activities arising from sources including risk assessment, incidents, investigations and audits.
- Provide suitable information, training and coaching to operational teams using all appropriate methods of communication.Develop internal training materials and work with other to help coordinate external training.
- Perform regular workplace inspections and audits, help ensure that audit actions are assigned to relevant stakeholders and completed.
- Contribute to daily area operations performance review meetings, supporting the prioritisation of SHE agenda and delivering actions as appropriate.
- Provide competent and coherent advice and guidance to managers and employees on legal requirements and good practice, showing willingness to take personal responsibility to embed improvements.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a highly demanding fast-paced working environment.
- Manufacturing Health and Safety experience, preferably in a FMCG environment.
- NEBOSH General certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.Diploma or equivalent higher qualification is an advantage.
- Experience of leading incident investigation in a multidisciplinary team, developing action plans and driving to completion.
- Experience in carrying out workplace audit and inspections, and determining appropriate actions and accountability.
- Experience carrying out risk assessments, reviewing existing controls and recommending improvements, preferably in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of delivering training and coaching to employees.
- Data management and reporting skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of writing and reviewing management system procedures, to comply with ISO or similar standards.
- Demonstrable experience in prioritisation of issues and working both independently and with others to ensure they are addressed with appropriate urgency.
- IEMA qualification or experience in Environmental Management.
- Experience of a World Class Manufacturing (WCM) environment.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, subsidised gym membership, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self. To find out more, including about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Unilever | Unilever.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money.In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt