Job Title: Sr. Finance Executive – Balance Sheet Reporting
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Group Chief Accountant’s Department (GCAD) is part of the Controller’s department in Unilever Group. GCAD is responsible for Unilever’s external financial reporting and global financial controls (Sarbanes Oxley compliance), managing the global audit relationship with our external audit partner; determining and implementing Unilever’s accounting policies; and many other projects related to how Unilever measures its performance and presents and communicates this to the external world.
This role reports to Group Financial Accounting Manager and is primarily responsible for preparation of Balance sheet and related notes for Annual Report
- ensure accurate and timely finalization of balance sheet on monthly basis
- review monthly financial results for key balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance with Unilever’s accounting policy
- provide guidance and training to countries on the accounting policies and responding to accounting and reporting queries
- support in preparing the relevant parts of the quarterly press release as well as the Annual Report and Accounts (ARA)
- liaise with global procurement teams and prepare global commitments data to support ARA
- liaise with our internal auditors, external auditors (KPMG) and ensuring all the Group control requirements are documented and complied as required
- preparing and delivering training for relevant areas of expertise
- support implementing the new reporting requirements on a timely basis as needed.
Other responsibilities include continuous system and process improvements and supporting the line manager on ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- Experience in finance function – preferably in reporting and accounting
- Experience in preparation of financial statements - desirable
- ICWA/ACA or a similar qualification
- Exposure to IFRS – desirable
- SAP / BCS knowledge – desirable
- GCAD Expertise team
- Group Treasury and Parent & Holdings teams
- Country Controlling teams and RTR Operating Centers
- IT teams
- Other Unilever teams if required (adhoc basis)
- Third party providers (adhoc basis)
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Connecte dich mit uns
Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich mit uns über unsere Social Media Kanäle connectest.
Du suchst den passenden Kontakt bei uns im Unternehmen? Hier wirst du fündig.Kontakt